Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000 - £450000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are proud to be working exclusively with a manufacturing client based in Birmingham who are currently expanding and looking to take onboard an experienced Buyer to cover all indirect categories, which will vary depending on the business needs. This is an exciting time to join the organisation as they look to centralise all their procurement and will require individuals who have previously helped to implement processes within a business that is currently going through change.
- To support the business in delivering key strategic plans and targets through delivery of professional, value add procurement solutions resulting in the most cost-effective use of all indirect spend.
- Management of all categories of Indirect Spend (not goods for resale) and supplier agreements across the Group.
- Drive commercial value and compliance for the business in line with company's values, principles and polices.
- To deliver annualised savings with efficient cash management
- Control and report on indirect spend monthly
- Conduct relevant categories research; establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses, adding value and reducing cost.
- Undertake monthly category reviews
- Improve supplier payment terms
- Key stakeholder in company project to introduce a PO system for indirect spend , responsible for various deliverables in the implementation plan
- Creates and maintain procurement policies and procedures and legal/ regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with the wider organisation and peers to communicate a clear vision for all stakeholders.
If this is an opportunity that you could be suited to, then please get in touch at or submit your CV.