£30,000 -£35,000 (depending on experience)
Are you a Buyer with experience of working within the manufacturing sector? Have you had responsibility for procurement of goods and services within a production environment?
I am recruiting for a Buyer to join a customer focused, global manufacturing organisation based in the West Midlands. As a Buyer you will have responsibility for a range of different categories which offers a varied role and liaise with suppliers from overseas, with importing experience beneficial.
You will work collaboratively with stakeholders, purchase goods and services, prepare and raise purchase orders and order schedules. You will also negotiate contracts, build strong relationships with suppliers, and monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Management of existing suppliers to include price negotiation on existing and new projects
- Interpretation of requirements & placing of purchase orders using our ERP system.
- Current system used is Syteline, previous knowledge would be a big advantage
- Ensuring suppliers deliver product to agreed delivery dates and progress chasing urgent requests as necessary
- Liaising with freight forwarders to ensure cost effective and timely deliveries from overseas suppliers
- Monitoring supplier performance through supplier audits and reviews
- Supporting and dealing with problems raised by the Quality department and resolving issues with suppliers without impacting the business.
- Identification and introduction of new suppliers on existing and new projects
- Taking part in value engineering and cost-saving initiatives
- To succeed in this interesting role, you will be a Buyer with excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) with the ability to make decisions and meet targets.
- Computer literate with experience in use of MRP /ERP systems
- Strong Negotiator
- Able to prioritise effectively
- Flexible and proactive
- Importing procedures knowledge / tariff classification etc.
If this is a role that could suit you then please get in touch on