Coventry, West Midlands
about 2 months ago
Coventry / Hybrid working
£37,000 - -£40,000 pa
Are you a Buyer with experience working in the automotive or manufacturing sectors? If so, Gleeson Recruitment Group has a fantastic opportunity available for you. We are looking for a Buyer with negotiation and stake holder management experience in a production environment to join a large automotive organisation based in Coventry. This role offers a salary of £37,000 to £40,000 plus benefits along with the opportunity to work for a leading organisation with multiple areas for growth.
If you were already in this flexible Buyer role, some of the tasks you would find yourself working on include:
- RFQs management for multiple components within commodity group
- Identify opportunities to create savings and improve efficiencies through negotiations with suppliers
- Follow good practice in sourcing activities and supplier assessment to achieve sourcing and nomination decisions
- Analyse data on cost, prices, margins and mark ups on submitted prices from suppliers quote and follow up negotiation to reduce prices whilst retaining or improving other aspects of value for money, such as quality, availability and sustainability
- Work with suppliers and stakeholders to achieve added value outcomes in procurement and supply
- Lead a strategic sourcing approval process
- Purchase Order Management, Project related through multiple build phases and change activities
- Cost management thorough key target activities and PPV
- Cross Functional Support from design concept through to production & delivery
- Work with SQA to identify and assess the quality of parts to ensure quality standards are achieve and drive continuous quality improvement
- Develop commodity sourcing strategies and sourcing efficiencies to achieve a robust Supply Chain
- Review volume data on demand forecast to communicate to suppliers and other stakeholders
- Undertake due diligence on suppliers to evaluate the risks of breaching ethical standards, financial factors and capacity constraints before sourcing
You will need previous purchasing experience within the automotive or manufacturing industries and experience of MRP, data analytics and negotiating to apply for this Buyer position. You must also be familiar with working to quality standards and possess excellent negotiation skills.
Apply today if you are interested in this Buyer job and think you'd make a great addition to the team!