Coventry, West Midlands
Up to £30000.00 per annum + Benefits
16 days ago
Are you a Buyer based in the Coventry area with experience of purchasing within a fast paced manufacturing environment? Can you read technical drawings with strong MRP/ERP experience? If so, please read on.
As Buyer you will have responsibility for placing orders and expediting, contract negotiations and management, assisting with invoice queries and materials control and stock management. You will have responsibility for managing the entire life cycle of supplier purchase orders and will liaise with suppliers to ensure strong relationships are built.
In order to carry out the Buyer role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience within a buying or supply chain role
- Experience of purchasing steel
- The ability to read technical drawings
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience of using MRP systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong IT skills especially Excel
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
In return, you will receive a salary of circa £30,000 dependent upon experience, 25 days holiday + bank holidays along with other benefits
Gleeson Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including 3PL, construction, retail, service sector, automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website www.gleeson-rg.com for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.