Are you a buyer seeking a new opportunity within a Manufacturing organisation? Would you like the chance to play the lead role within a growing manufacturers purchasing function? Gleeson are currently recruiting a Buyer for a manufacturing organisation in Coventry
Responsible for the day to day management of purchasing materials and resource to ensure the needs of the business are met.
· Manage and continuously the MRP Purchase Order System to ensure it is accurate, up to date and consistently meets the requirements of the business.
· Develop an efficient and accurate system for monitoring all open purchase orders
· Purchase materials in line with inventory targets.
· Timely and effective communication of forecasts and purchase orders to suppliers.
· Continually review the overall performance of existing suppliers and ensure that they remain competitive.
· Assist with regular re-negotiations of terms of business/service agreements and performance evaluation with suppliers, taking corrective action as required.
· Deliver a monthly purchase order report to management that indicates the supplier invoice number for all closed purchase orders
· Ensure that all deliveries satisfy the assigned purchase orders and report any back-ordered or missing products.
· Assist the team with maintaining proper inventory levels of materials used on a regular basis
· Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
This is a permanent Position paying between £25000 & £30000 p.a + Benefits