£25000.00 - £30000 per annum
9 months ago
Role: Procurement Specialist
Based near Fleet Hampshire
Salary £25 - 30k
An exciting role in a young organisation, leading on outsourced procurement support and collaborative buying. We are looking for a candidate who is enthused by a varied role with the opportunity to work with a number of different clients from across diverse industries and charities.
Benefits: Support for CIPS qualification, 23 days holiday and NEST Pension
This is a customer focused role to provide our clients with high quality Procurement Support covering the full spectrum of procurement services, including: managing and driving down total acquisition costs, strategic sourcing, developing supporting documentation, contract negotiation, supplier development, supplier management and help to improve supplier performances. Customer and supplier meetings will be part of the role in the medium to long term so an enthusiasm for meeting people and driving stronger relationships is essential.
- Procurement/Sourcing experience
- Good negotiation skills
- Track record of achieving cost savings
- Experience of negotiating keen eye to identify areas and opportunities for cost saving
- Strong supplier relationship skills with the ability to manage and ensure suppliers deliver effectively on time, cost and quality.
- Building strong relationships with Internal Stakeholders in order to effectively serve their needs, often with shorter than expected timescales.
- Must be a proactive and confident individual, eager to develop their skills within the purchasing department and display enthusiasm for career progression within procurement.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Fantastic people and communication skills with a strong ability to collaborate with people at all levels of a business
Talents required - more important
- Innovative - creative and interested in finding solutions to overcome challenges
- Excited and positive outlook - success motivated
- Growth Mindset - always learning and ambitious
- Tenacity - A desire to make things happen
- Self-Motivated and team orientated - capable of working with a varied and often geographically dispersed team
- Thrives on change in a fast-paced business
- Minimum 2 years' procurement experience with businesses
- Must have a proven track record of achieving results with the ability to perform to demanding deadlines
- Degree Level or Equivalent or relevant work experience
- Demonstrable examples of achieving cost savings on behalf of employer(s) and/or customers