£45000.00 - £47000.00 per annum
10 months ago
The Senior Buyer will be working for an employer who is a well established key player within the UK market within there specialist industry. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in multiple projects and there is the opportunity for future career progression.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for managing the cost effective procurement of materials, goods and services into the business. Sourcing all items to obtain the best balance of price, delivery, quality & lead time whilst constantly striving to reduce costs. Process non MRP purchasing requirements to obtain value for money. Support NPI through liaison with the engineering team, ensuring appropriate sources of supply are identified and qualified.
You will also be responsible for:
- Providing quotations in support of there Engineering activity which would include liaison with engineering personnel.
- Progress chasing outstanding PO's in liaison with Production Control.
- Negotiation and placement of service/maintenance contracts (photocopiers, telephones etc)
- Assist Stores personnel when required including stocktaking etc.
- Assist Production Control when required to progress work through the factory.
As the successful Buyer you are likely to have significant experience in:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a manufacturing Company.
- Minimum 3 years experience using MRP/ERP for placing and reviewing Purchase Orders and updating parts and supplier data.
- Experience in placing purchase orders on suppliers or sub contractors.
- Competent in using Microsoft Word and Excel to at least basic level
An attractive benefits package is available to the successful Buyer including CIPS study support if desirable. To apply for the Buyer position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.