Are you a forward-thinking and assertive graduate? Passionate about supporting senior executives, in a business where you can develop and grow? We are pleased to be working with the West Midlands Growth Company, and assisting with their search for a gold class, dynamic graduate, who is ready to start their exciting journey, supporting the Inward Investment Team and the Strategic Business Development Team.
The West Midlands Growth Company helps the region make its mark nationally and internationally. Through investor attraction, regional marketing and tourism promotion, the WMGC showcases and supports the best of the West Midlands, driving the regional economy forward. The company works with a range of partners and stakeholders - including hundreds of major regional businesses, the public sector, universities and regional and national government.
We are looking for a graduate who really stands out from the crowd, will go the extra mile and act as a proactive member of the team.
The Business Development Support Executive will play a crucial role in facilitating the success of the West Midlands Growth Company's sector-focused Inward Investment Team and Strategic Business Development Team; and assist in their execution of a major international programme of activity, which will leverage the upcoming Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, to attract unprecedented job-creating investment to the region.
You will gain a wealth of knowledge around Inward and Foreign Direct Investments and learn the workings of a major Investment Promotion Agency; for a high-performing candidate, the opportunities for further development are endless.
For the foreseeable future this role will be home-based, however you must be able to commute to the organisation's Birmingham City Centre office when it is safe to do so.
What will you get up to, as a Business Development Support Executive?
- You will provide, efficient and accurate operational support to the Inward Investment and Strategic Business Development Teams.
- Manage the delivery of the teams processes, including, property searches, pipeline tracking and reporting, and contribute to regular teams meetings and present innovative ideas.
- You will take ownership for completing relevant project and programme documentation for all strategic programmes that the teams are involved in delivering.
- Become an expert of the West Midlands Growth Companies CRM systems and support the teams in accurately recording and reporting.
- Provide programme management support, ensuring agreed activities are delivered on budget and within agreed SLAs.
- Provide support to the Inward Investment team with planning and execution of projects, sales missions and hosted investor visits.
- Act as the first point of contact and become the 'go to' for all inbound enquiries.
- Occasional travel may be required to meet the needs of the projects and programme.
Minimum requirements for the Business Development Support Executive:
- Educated to degree level or possess relevant experience in a business development or project management role.
- Super organised, efficient with good time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Proficient with the full MS Office suite.
- Capable of communications at all levels of seniority.
- Commercially aware, resilient and customer focused.
To apply for the Graduate Business Development Support Executive position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.