Solihull, West Midlands
£904 - £65000 per annum + Car, Bonus, Pension, Healthcare
5 months ago
A truly exciting opportunity has come up for a well-known service business based in Solihull who are looking to recruit a Business Development Manager. This role will support a turnover of approximately £25 million but with large growth plans and as part of a large Group this growth trajectory is more than achievable.
As the Business Development Manager you will be the driving force behind a sustainable and profitable business and sales growth. Through leading your team, and as an active member of the Senior Management Team, you will contribute to the overall management, reputation and development of the business and its wider initiatives. You will also be accountable for defining and sharing best practice to support continued advancement.
You will be working closely with the Managing Director, Finance Director and wider Operations teams and will be able to build strong credible relationships quickly.
As the Business Development Manager this role will provide variety and challenge and you will be responsible for driving performance and sales growth. The key areas of responsibility are to:
- Develop an overarching business development strategy and plan to ensure all opportunities are maximised.
- Provide clear market insight and segmentation to inform prioritisation of business development and marketing budget expenditure and resource allocation.
- Manage the production of local marketing and customer collateral in line with the Group guidelines and governance structure.
- Deliver initiatives on time and to budget, measure outputs to demonstrate ROI, seek additional funds or resource as required to achieve accelerated and sustainable growth.
- Manage and maximise inbound sales enquiries across all departments providing tools and metrics, including CRM, to support achievement of individual, departmental, and Group targets.
- Proactively research, develop and launch, in association with the Operations teams, profitable new service lines as part of an ongoing business expansion programme.
- Build relationships with key local corporates to increase referrals.
- Provide regular reporting on business development activity and progress against key deliverables.
As the successful Business Development Manager you will have:
- B2B and B2C commercial experience gained in a similar role
- Clear business development and sales growth track record
- Experience in developing and leading a performance management culture to deliver success
- Experience working in a competitive and commercial market place
- Experience of managing people in a customer focused industry
- A sense of humour.
- A drive to succeed.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Business Development Manager:
- Salary of £55K - £65K
- Car allowance
- Pension - up to 15%
- Fun, fast paced environment
- Modern, well equipped offices