Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Do you have Creative, Digital & Tech business development experience? Perhaps you have worked across a diverse range of geographical markets? If so, we are currently supporting West Midlands Growth Company who are seeking a Business Development Manager to be responsible for securing inward investment and expansion projects from the Creative, Digital & Tech (CDT) sector, leading to sector growth and job creation across the West Midlands Region.
- Identify and translate the strengths of, and opportunities within, the West Midlands into a compelling value proposition to attract job-creating investment within the Tech and Creative sector, from key global and domestic investment markets.
- Work closely with the Sector Lead - Creative, Digital & Tech and the Head of Inward Investment on inward investment projects to ensure efficient handling of projects across a range of sub-sectors and project sizes.
- Generate and manage own pipeline of projects to support businesses establish operations in the West Midlands, delivering job creation in the region.
- Undertake external business development activity to identify, support and secure inward investment and expansion projects to achieve an increase in job creation across a range of different contracts with a significant focus on delivering the objectives of the Commonwealth Games Tourism, Trade, and Investment programme.
- Take a lead role in account management of strategic businesses specific to the sector across the WMCA geography in collaboration with local partners, with the aim of generating business growth and securing expansion projects.
- Work closely with the key partners and their relevant sector teams on agreed account management plans for strategic foreign direct investors (FDI) in the geography aimed at generating/supporting inward investment expansion projects.
- Identify commercial and revenue generating opportunities for commercial partners of the WMGC, within the tech sector and engage them, where appropriate to support with the international dimensions of tech sector business development strategy.
- Work closely with and influence key stakeholders located within and externally to the region (including Local Authorities, Universities, Property Developers, Industry Bodies, and other stakeholder groups) to raise the profile of and enhance the perceived attractiveness of the region's offer to potential tech investors and to stimulate incremental investment by local firms within the sector.
- Work closely with the senior management team at the West Midlands Growth Company to ensure consistent and effective achievement of contract objectives, providing flexible support to ensure the team targets are achieved.
- Undertake planned marketing and lead generation activities both nationally and internationally (trade fairs, exhibitions etc) to showcase the regional WMCA geography offer. Occasional international travel required.
- Make efficient use of CRM systems and processes to record, monitor and refine business development strategies, together with marketing and communications programmes to fully exploit business opportunities both for the business and for the wider benefit of the region.
- Network within key industry events to gain insight, perceptions, and opportunities.
What you will need:
- A demonstrable track record of successful business development, marketing activities and tactics.
- Knowledge of the West Midlands tech and digital eco-system, its assets, strengths, and clusters.
- Excellent commercial awareness and able to build relationships with senior staff in both private and public sectors.
- Experience of working in a multi stakeholder / delivery partner environment
- High quality communication and presentational skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Highly driven, motivated, and creative in your approach to tasks
- Flexible to travel as per business requirements