Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are proud to be working with West Midlands Growth Company who are seeking a Business Development Manager to assist in securing inward investment and business expansion projects from the advanced manufacturing sector, contributing to sector growth and job creation across the West Midlands Region.
Reporting to the Senior Business Development Manager - Advanced Manufacturing and working across multiple projects involving senior stakeholders within the business, you will be responsible to ensure efficient handling of projects across a range of sub-sectors and project sizes.
- Undertake external business development activity to identify, support and secure inward investment and expansion projects to achieve an increase in job creation across a range of different contracts such as the West Midlands Combined Authority, DIT and the Commonwealth Games. This activity may be with individuals, partners (Local Enterprise Partnerships, Local Authorities, Commercial Partners) or appropriate consortia.
- Take ownership of a portfolio of investment projects and support the Senior Business Development Manager - Advanced Manufacturing with larger, more complicated projects.
- Undertake planned marketing and lead generation activities (trade fairs, exhibitions etc) to showcase the strengths and opportunities within the WMCA geography, and in particular the strengths of our university and commercial partners.
- Monitor, review and refine business development strategies, together with marketing and communications programmes to fully exploit business opportunities both for the business and for the wider benefit of the region.
- Take a lead role in account management of strategic businesses specific to the sector across the WMCA geography in collaboration with local partners, with the aim of generating business growth and securing expansion projects.
- Identify commercial and revenue-generating opportunities for commercial partners of the WMGC as they relate to the advanced manufacturing sector, and engage them, where appropriate, to support the development of an international advanced manufacturing business development strategy.
- Work closely with and influence the property community around appropriate space requirements to attract advanced manufacturing sector occupiers and to stimulate investment within local firms within the region.
- Forge and develop effective relationships across and between the public and private sectors within Greater Birmingham, the Black Country and Coventry and Warwickshire to send out a coordinated message to potential investors in the region. This will include engaging with key industry associations and trade bodies relevant to the sector.
- Build influence within Midlands Engine, DIT and other relevant organisations to ensure the WMCA geography is perceived as an obvious region for them to direct inward investment opportunities to and is a key part of their plans and activity.
You will need:
- Previous demonstrable sales & account management experience
- Detailed knowledge of the key companies, stakeholders, assets sand recent strategic developments in the West Midlands advanced manufacturing sector
- Excellent commercial awareness and the ability to form partnerships both internally and externally
- Strong negotiation skills
- Significant experience of developing and executing successful business development strategies
- Content creation skills for business propositions and presentations
- Ability to use your own initiative, and capable of thriving in a fluid, results-driven environment