Birmingham, West Midlands
about 2 months ago
I have a fantastic opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join a fantastic professional services business in Birmingham, who are well-known for their excellent working culture and who are going through extreme growth. If you've got plenty of experience of working in business development roles within a professional services setting, then this might be the perfect role for you.
This role will offer 2 or 3 days working from home when everything goes back to normal, so will suit candidates a little further afield.
This Business Development Manager role will involve:
- Working within specialist sectors and their sector leads to identify structured opportunities for networking and targeting
- Working with Partners to develop the annual sector planning process
- Helping to provide guidance and evaluating the most productive use of fee earner time to potential returns
- Accurately recording all business development activity and sharing commercial intelligence across the wider team, such as competitor insight, market insight and commercial news
- Undertaking independent service reviews with existing clients of the firm and then using these reviews to identify BD opportunities
- Providing budget management analysis, analysing how effective time spent on each activity is and overall ROI analysis
- Working with the wider BD team and head of department to embed best practice approaches
The position requires a candidate with the following skills:
- Proven commercial experience of business development within a professional services environment at a managerial level
- Must be degree educated
- Proven experience of working with partners and fee earners
- Expert understanding of targeting and lead generation with a proven ability to drive and develop pipeline opportunities
- Proven ability to build networks with partners and staff at all levels across the firm
- Excellent and professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Outstanding and proven stakeholder management skills
- The ability to manage a number of projects at any one time
To apply for the Business Development position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.