Solihull, West Midlands
£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum
11 months ago
Is your purpose to provide the very best quality in service to every client? Are you a hungry & analytically minded sales professional, driven by results? If so, Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a Birmingham-based client, who are seeking a Business Development Executive to join their team.
You will be part of an international business, with annual sales of £40million, & focused on the task of on-boarding new customers to their existing portfolio, as well as increasing sales to their existing clients.
- To build a pipeline, identification and on-boarding of customers to ensure they start purchasing on a regular basis
- To make customer aware of the full range of products that you can offer and highlight any new products that we have recently added to our portfolio.
- To maximise and enhance current offerings to existing client base.
- To regularly analyse sales data and ensure that any downward trends in sales are caught early and addressed.
- To contact customers who have ceased orders in recent months and understand how you can become their preferred supplier.
- Attending trade shows to represent the company, interacting with existing customers as well as using the opportunity to attract new customers.
- Any related tasks allocated by Senior Leadership Team
Key Characteristics Required
- Previous experience within a similar sales, account management and new business development role
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers
- Interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients, using own initiative and confidence to build customer relationships from scratch
- Written and verbal communication skills for communicating with range of people both internally and externally, as well as presentation skills
- IT skills, including use of spreadsheets
- Ability to analyse sales data and write reports
- Strong team player
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your workload
- Organisational skills
- Ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals