Business Development Director - Aerospace & Defence - Remote Working
We have been retained on an exclusive basis to support the on-boarding of a Business Development Director (can be remotely based) for a Leading Global Aerospace & Defence manufacturer based in the Midlands, to drive the businesses 6th Generation Aircraft strategy.
An exciting opportunity for a Business Development Director has arisen within the business that requires a highly motivated, high functioning, high achieving individual to take responsibility for leading Business Development activities spanning the entire Systems business portfolio.
The successful candidate will have accountability in conjunction with key Value Stream & functional partners for overseeing all business development activities and processes including but not limited to campaign planning, competitive analysis, price to win activities, contact planning, market shaping/influencing, market requirements input into new product development and capture planning.
Core to the Business Development Director is providing functional leadership to the BD function ensuring best practice is not only captured and deployed but importantly that all facets of the function are effectively partnering with key members of the IPT to foster a high performing team environment driving sustained growth.
Required qualifications for the Business Development Director
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, science, economics, finance or related field or equivalent experience delivering Business and strategy development and/or strategic planning at a similar Aerospace Engineering/Manufacturing company.
- Proven track record of creating a winning environment where BD teams develop the essential hard and soft skills required to deliver the strategy through new business opportunity conversion ultimately driving sustained business growth.
- Excellent understanding of what it takes to execute business effectively across the product lifecycle.
- Deploys this acumen to ensure secured business can be robustly delivered long after the pursuit phase has ended to ensure business goals are achieved
- Demonstrate experience generating enterprise-level strategic and business development plans
- Ability to communicate effectively with a polished communications style applicable to all levels of senior leadership within the organisation
- Experience in building and leading high-performing and diverse teams
- In depth understanding of key financial metrics that are critical to business success
The Business Development Director is critical to the strategic direction of the business and in return you will receive:
- Highly competitive salary
- Health Cash Plan
- Car Allowance
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 25 Days Holiday + Stat with an option to buy and sell
- Flexible Benefits Scheme
To discuss the role in further detail, please contact Neil Cayley at Gleeson Recruitment on 07527257851 or email