Birmingham, West Midlands
£300 - £375 per day
7 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have just been briefed on a fantastic opportunity for a Business Analyst to support an industry leading client of ours who are currently looking at all of their marketing and transnactional print processes and require a BA to assess these processes and provide a detailed analysis on how they can efficient.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The business is going on a journey to discover how they can become more agile, smarter and more efficiently, however currently a many of the processes, systems and techniques used are out of date, and too slow, particularly around printing. To help the business understand what new operating model(s) they can evolve into, they first need to understand how current processes, systems and outputs work. This will help to flag opportunities and any risks which may need mitigating. The business requires a Business Analyst to document and provide value chain analysis of all the print they produce today as a business. The output report will provide opportunities and risk analysis, which will provide input into a group strategy, that proposes new ways of working, creating better outcomes for the business.
- You will need to be able to build strong stakeholder relationships within the business but also with external suppliers.
- You will need to clearly capture and document all current processes, but also to interpret and capture the needs of stakeholders going forward, this maybe (but not limited to) through interviews, running workshops on site or remotely, etc.
- You will need experience of carrying out value chain analysis.
- Engaging with internal stakeholder departments, to understand the 'as is' print journeys.
- Engaging with external suppliers, to understand and capture 'as is' journeys.
- Taking ownership and facilitating workshops.
- Documenting all journeys including risks, value chain analysis and opportunities.
- Working with the Procurement Team, to understand what is 'the art of possible', and to capture in an options paper for the Executive Team.
WOULD SUIT SOMEONE WHO:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Positive can-do with the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Extremely organised with strong time-management skills0.
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with ability to document and troubleshoot errors
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· Previous experience of working across senior technical and business stakeholders ensuring the understanding of requirements and acceptance criteria is aligned.
· Experience of working with Transactional and / or Marketing print would be of a distinct advantage.
· Adept at facilitating user workshops, to capture requirements but also to challenge current thinking.
· Experience of working with a Digital Asset Management solution (Widen) would be a nice to have.
· Experience of working in a regulated environment.
· You will be able to interpret and challenge businesses needs and work with technical teams to understand how their solution can deliver against these requirements.
· A brilliant problem solver with an innovative attitude and ability to deal with complex issues.
· The ideal candidate will have previous Business Analysis experience, preferably from a process improvement or Business Change background
· Demonstrated experience of Business Analyst tools / techniques to elicit, document and maintain requirements throughout the lifecycle of a project (both waterfall and agile