£45000.00 - £49000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Do you want to be part of an organisation that makes a difference and leaves GLOBAL legacy? Are you an experienced Building Surveyor who wants to do something a bit different? If this could be you then we have a rare and unique opportunity.
Our client is a global organisation that makes a difference to people lives all over the world. Based from their Global HQ in Berkshire they have a team of specialist who manage Global projects to build and maintain sites of significant importance all over the world. As Technical Manager (Building Surveyor) you will manage the implementation of their organisational policies such ash Health, Safety & Environmental Standards and approved working practices. You will manage works projects and manage works technical standards throughout the Asia, Africa and Pacific region as the technical lead on standards, systems and quality assurance.
As the successful Technical Manager (Building Surveyor) you will;
- Provide principal technical advice concerning projects in support of the business objectives.
- Formulate the programme and complete the annual budget in collaboration with the Operations Manager.
- Work with Regional Managers to implement the programme of works in line with the business plan and guidelines.
- Manage delegated budgets, prepare estimates and submit monthly/quarterly expenditure reports as required.
- Maintain accurate records of cemetery plans and technical data.
- Implement Health and Safety policies, promote safe use of machinery and vehicles to ensure safe working practices; record accidents, near misses and take appropriate action to effectively manage risk. Support the management of Area Health & Safety compliance.
- Manage the Area Headstone & Bronze plaque procurement and installation process.
- Plan and execute international travel as required; in order to carry out technical inspections, project management and condition surveys, to ensure the effective organisation and implementation of structural conservation works and property maintenance of the international estate.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager, Regional Managers, Finance Manager and HR Manager in respect of key budget and staffing issues.
- Identify, order and procure supplies/materials required to execute projects.
- Manage maintenance and conservation of the company structure and property estate.
- Support preparation and management of conservation management plans.
- Carry out selective audits of standards of structural conditions, practices and quality.
As the successful Technical Manager (Building Surveyor) you will have in depth understanding of technical/ structural works and the ability to manage much of your work remotely. You will be willing to travel overseas from time-to-time and be a collaborative team player who can integrate with others easily around the world. You will have the ability to thrive in a matrix team structure. You will have a sense of humour and be a team player, this is a close-knit team.
On offer to the successful candidate is a salary of up to £49,000 plus excellent benefits. This is a real opportunity to be part of an organisation with purpose and leave a legacy for years to come.