Brierley Hill, West Midlands
£45000 - £60000.00 per annum + car/ allowance
21 days ago
Location: Brierley Hill
My client is a leading privately owned investment and property management company operating in key locations throughout the UK, Germany & Poland. They are specialists in intensive property management with a proven track record in improving income and value of assets within a mixed-use property portfolio. Due to growth they are now recruiting for a Building Surveyor to join their Team.
Key Responsibilities of Building Surveyor
- Building Surveying related services as part of an in-house surveying team, set within a larger Estates Department covering Buildings, Services Engineers and CAD technicians
- You will work with Asset Managers, in house solicitors and Property Managers to consider and deliver a range of works including strip outs, white boxing, alterations, defect diagnosis and repair, oversight of tenants proposals, etc.
- Undertake feasibilities reporting in various formats to give Asset Managers information as to whether a deal is viable or not.
- Deal and control Pre and Post Design and Contract Administration.
- Engage advise and manage third party specialists, Building Control, Planning, etc.
- Undertake a set list of planned maintenance reports across the portfolio per quarter.
- Ensure advice and processes are effectively communicated & implemented.
- Ensure healthy & safe working conditions.
- Liaise with competent Contractors and Suppliers and fully engage with CDM Regulations. Act as Principal Designer.
- Ensure effective teamworking & support to colleagues.
- Develop financial plans for cost stability, avoidance of "shock" finance, reduction of WIP, debt, etc. in line with LCPM asset/property manager.
- Ensure control systems for statutory, policy & contractual commitments are in place.
- Ensure compliance with statutory & local regulatory requirements.
- Deliver effective business communication through advice, review & direct contribution to management & team meetings, briefings, consultations, correspondence, publicity, monthly & ad-hoc reporting & other publications, as appropriate.
- Assure response to emergencies, supporting business continuity & disaster recovery.
- Work in a team but also independently.
Person Specification of Building Surveyor
- Solid understanding of Building Surveying disciplines, whether qualified or not.
- Ability to confidently undertake professional work as well as Contract Administration.
- Health, Safety & Compliance management & delivery.
- Excellent problem solving & analysis skills.
- Experience in developing briefs and scopes of work both feasibility and tender through to site and completion.
Qualifications / Training of Building Surveyor
- Professional qualifications preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of DataBase (Qube/Horizon) a benefit.
- Conversant with MS style software and computer resources.
- Full clean driving licence.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary dependant on experience
- Car/ car allowance