I am working with a market leading real estate and infrastructure business who are currently on the lookout for a Building Control Surveyor. This is a fantastic opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects whilst also building on and growing your professional career as a building control surveyor.
What this role is responsible for:
· In your role as Building Control Surveyor, you will be responsible for a providing a quality Building Control service undertaking duties to comply with the requirements of the Building Act, Building Regulations, Building Safety regime, and other non-statutory duties.
· This is a mobile position, and you will be responsible for site inspection of all types of building work and production of comprehensive records.
· Plan examination of residential and commercial Building Regulation applications.
· Produce investigation/reports of possible dangerous structures/buildings and buildings open to trespass.
· To provide general quality advice to customers of the Building Control service
The type of professional we are looking for:
· Comprehensive knowledge of The Building Regulations 2010 (as amended) and associated legislation and guidance is essential.
· Preferably a chartered building surveyor or in the process of becoming chartered (RICS/CABE/CIOB or equivalent) however this is not essential.
· Good team player
· Local authority experience is desired however not essential.
· Exceptional customer service is essential to this role being able to show your interpersonal, communication skills is a must.
· Good negotiation skills
· Competent ICT skills
· Due to this role having some travel involved a Full current Driving License is essential.
What is on offer?
You will receive a highly competitive salary and benefits including a car allowance and the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects broadening your career experience as a building control surveyor. Not only that you will receive an excellent learning and development plan as soon as you walk through the door, but this business will also assist you in achieving qualifications and charterships so you can grow with them as a business.
Where to apply:
If you are interested in the above position, click and apply now and I will endeavour to get back to you as soon as I can usually within the next 24 hours of your application. Any questions you have feel free to call up on 0121 752 9962 or drop me an email