Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
10 months ago
ASAP - January start
Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently working with an entrepreneurial multi-company business in Central Birmingham (turnover £70m) as they look to recruit a Bookkeeper on a permanent basis. This role is paying between £25,000 and £35,000 depending on experience.
Reporting into the FD you will be responsible for the accounting up to trial balance of different individual businesses within the Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Acting as first point of contact for junior team members
- Month end management accounts and variance analysis
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Accruals and prepayments
- Review of monthly journals
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Maintenance of purchase and sales ledger
- Involvement in year-end audit process, including preparation of statutory financial statements
- Monthly reporting
As a Bookkeeper, you will have:
- A recognised accounting qualifications (AAT, ACCA, CIMA), will be studying towards one or will be QBE
- Experience of double entry bookkeeping and accounting up to TB.
- Strong IT skills including Excel
- Knowledge of accounting processes, procedures and controls
- Candidates must be immediately available or on a weeks notice.
Please click apply if this sounds like something of interest!