Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands
£27000.00 - £31000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a UK wide construction firm based in Sutton Coldfield, and assisting with their need to recruit a Bookkeeper on a permanent basis. This is a rare opportunity to join a close knit team, in a business experiencing year on year growth. Reporting directly into the Finance Manager the successful applicant will receive a salary of £35,000 per annum.
The Bookkeeper will oversee an Accounts Assistant, and provide support and guidance to the wider business to ensure the smooth running of the accounts department.
Finance Supervisor duties:
- Download bank receipts on a daily basis, and distribute to all Credit Controllers
- Payroll - 150 staff member
- Monitor all payments through Sage and correct errors
- Process payments for sales on cash account
- Oversee accounts assistant
- Support with Payroll queries, calculations, upload BACs through bank and process payment
- CIS returns
- Post all cash
- Ensure team are aware of duties and timescales (invoicing & post)
- Knowledge of Sage, Lloyds Banking system
- Strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of double entry to enable problem solving
- Excel - able to write formulas to look up, pivot & basic formulas
- Ability to work on own initiative
To apply for the Bookkeeper position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.