Birmingham, West Midlands
£42000 - £50000 per annum + PLUS benefits
3 months ago
BI Developer - Birmingham based Private Institution - Hybrid working - £50K
Huge opportunity to join a new team being built on a greenfield project to develop their data platform. They have started a digital transformation journey with the vision to become a data-centric organisation and rely on high quality data to make key decisions.
You will join their newly formed Data and Analytics team as a BI Developer to develop and support data products through their full life cycle. They are looking for a solutions-driven, delivery-focused data expert to join them in solving problems with data solutions.
Within a very small team this role provides a rare opportunity to be responsible for building the data platform and also developing the data products with a mixture of data engineering and BI development skills required. Whilst being an expert in visualisation is a key part of the role, the development of ELT and data pipelines within their MS Azure environment and associated technologies is what is required. You will be part of the team which designs and develops the data architecture to create a single robust and trusted data and analytics service to the institution.
Communication is key to scoping, developing, and ensuring successful adoption of data products so you will have a collaborative approach to working with stakeholders of all levels, creating solutions which really address user needs.
- Develop, test and maintain the cloud based data warehouse from ingestion through to consumption and retention of data (ETL / ELT etc)
- Identify ways to improved data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Provide a 'single version of the truth' to the institution to enable valuable insights into our performance within the three colleges, senior leadership teams, regulators and external beneficiaries.
- Identify, define, develop and deliver data solutions
- Develop all data products in a way which supports effective data governance through building scalable data models, cataloguing data assets and working with the data governance group to ensure effective stewardship
- Coach, support and train colleagues to become more data literate through the use of new data products
- Demonstrable experience as a BI Developer creating engaging visualisations using leading BI tools (Power BI, Tableau, Qlik or similar)
- Strong T-SQL skills
- Familiar with working within the MS Azure Cloud data platform environment (ADF, Azure SQL, DevOps, Azure Data Catalogue)
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with a passion for data storytelling
- Proven ability to build strong stakeholder relationships whilst managing multiple priorities
- Positively challenge stakeholders to ensure data capabilities facilitate the outcomes
- Proactive approach to problem solving using strong Analytical skills and keen eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally within a team to tight timescales
With 43 days paid leave each year (including Bank Holidays), generous pension, flexible benefits in addition to a great salary in a dynamic team - This role offers great perks! Please apply asap if interested or email me directly on Taelaelms @workwithglee.com