Bilston, West Midlands
£25000.00 - £30000 per annum
2 months ago
Balance Sheet Accountant - 6 month fixed term contract
£25-£30,000 per annum
Bilston - Hybrid - working from home/office split
Accounting and reconciliation for general and non-operating transactions. Responsible for delivering on-time and accurate monthly accounts including balance sheet reconciliations. Ensure "sets of books" are aligned, consolidate month-end results into Corp Instance. Support month-end close, audits and annual tax deadlines.
- Preparation and posting of P&L accruals and prepayments covering general accounting and non-operating transactions
- Intercompany recharges for non-operating transactions and HQ charges
- Resolution of intercompany mis-matches
- Preparation of timely Balance Sheet reconciliations for all relevant account codes in US and Local GAAP
- Support process for monitoring completion and review of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist Compliance team in providing accurate and timely information to support external audits and statutory filings
- Apply Group accounting policy and ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Create and maintain reference manual of differences between US and Local GAAP accounting treatment
- Own any related quarterly or annual tasks, in particular at Year End.
- Support ad-hoc requests
- Continuous accounting to avoid bottlenecks during month-end close
- Issue month-end reports for FP&A review
- Support month-end pushing of countries to ECL/CC and Group Consolidation
- Perform accurate and efficient sub-ledger revaluations
Experience / Knowledge
- 2-3 years of Financial Accounting experience
- Strong systems skills in Excel and Oracle / SAP
- Worked in multinational operations
- US GAAP
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite applications.
If you have the relevant experience and you are available for work, please apply.