Automation Test Lead - £60K - one day in office per week
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a Burton based company who are ongoing a transformation journey across their IT department. They currently have x2 manual testers so are looking for an Automation Test Lead to join the team to help their growth.
As a member of the software delivery team, you will be working alongside a team of people as well as our partner organizations to deliver functional IT to the business. This is a varied role where you can really make a difference. We require an experienced test automation engineer who is able to bring best practice approaches towards creating automated test scripts for applications constructed internally, as well as external SaaS products.
You will use tried and tested approaches towards achieving this, and mentoring and guiding an existing team of manual testers that can pivot into writing automated test scripts for both UI and Backoffice systems (via APIs). You will be familiar with the various tools that exist as well as development and test environments/tooling such as Microsoft Visual Studio Test Suite.
- Applying your knowledge and experience to mentor a small team of 3 testers on test automation.
- Producing test automation scripts for both UI/UX and API based testing.
- You will be creating regression test packs based on a series of unit test scripts.
- Working with developers to ensure build agents utilize automated testing so that all builds automatically run test automation scripts on deployment.
- Working with the business to identify areas of improvement and to help facilitate user UAT testing.
- Ensuring that 80-90% code coverage is achieved (on average) by automated testing for all new development.
Skills and capabilities:
- Script Creation - UI and APIs
- Automated unit test writing experience.
- Automated regression test scripts.
- Knowledge of agile methodologies and best practices.
- Practical experience of testing public cloud native solutions - either AWS or Azure.
- Back-end services test automation
- Front-end test automation experience
- Practical experience of designing and implementing testing automation framework from grounds up
Great time to join the company - great team and culture. Please apply asap if interested.