Birmingham, West Midlands
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
9 months ago
We are looking for an Automation Developer who is ready to take their next career jump into DevOps. As an Automation Developer you will work within the Digital Development Team providing quality code/script in support of the in house Digital Development team. You can expect to work on multiple frameworks and products and support the team of Developers and Test colleagues around the build and deploy process on all things digital!
This role is currently remotely based, however the business operates out of two offices in the Midlands and the South West. With this role you can report into either office, so full flexibility on location is offered.
Role purpose and your experience
- Create build & deployment pipelines to optimise code delivery & configure infrastructure. Currently using Octopus Deploy/Azure DevOps Pipelines but experience with other tools is relevant too.
- Use Infrastructure as code to provision Cloud components using appropriate frameworks (we prefer terraform, but experience with other tools would be relevant). We're predominantly using Azure PAAS services, although we'd love to hear about your skills on AWS and Google Cloud too.
- Perform deployments into various environments
- Utilise APIs to deliver solutions - both internally developed and 3rd party Cloud services
- Automate system administration activities Update your workflow items, estimate completion effort and record your time. Currently involved in both BAU and project workstreams across multiple products and manage it with Jira.
- Integrate development planning tools (e.g. Jira, Slack) & automated testing with build & deployment pipeline
- Communicate effectively with Digital team colleagues and the wider Technology department, inputting technical advice and expertise
- Liaise with project managers and business stakeholders to provide information and estimates for work items, refining estimates as requirements are enhanced
- Perform code reviews, providing feedback to DevOps and Dev colleagues
- Take part in sprint work and meetings
- Accountable for repository management and code branching strategy, experience with Git
- Assist in performance optimisation of site components & infrastructure, understanding of DNS/Certificates/Firewalling/Load balancing
Experience with either coding or scripting. We use Powershell and bash and support applications written using .NET Core, ASP.NET, MVC, C#, HTML / XHTML, CSS, JQuery, XML, WCF & SQL.
If you are in a system administration role and have automated key elements with scripting, or maybe you're a developer that wants to apply your coding and test experience to deployment pipelines. Either way, this is a great opportunity to work with an experienced team and get into DevOps and immerse yourself into Azure cloud services. It's essential that you have the ability to diagnose technical issues and work toward resolution with a systematic approach. You'll feel passionately about automating processes to reduce error and delivery timescales.
This really is a fantastic opportunity for someone who has an analytic and problem-solving background and can work independently and dynamically in a fast-paced environment.