Walsall, West Midlands
£25000 - £35000 per annum
about 1 month ago
I am supporting my client with a new need to hire a part qualified Assistant Tax Accountant, this has stemmed from success of the business and business growth.
In summary, you will taken under the Taxation Managers wing, and assisting with accurate and compliant taxation filings, with a focus on Indirect Taxes, all while identifying and implementing new, continuous improvement methods.
You will have lots of internal communication across all divisions and must feel comfortable liaising with external Auditors and Tax Advisors.
You must be part qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA or ACT, with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience in VAT and/or Corporate Income Tax gained in either Practice or Industry. You can expect a salary between £25,000 - £35,00 per annum. Initially you will be employed on a 6 month fixed term contract with the potential to join as a permanent employee based on performance.
As a Tax Accountant you will:
- Prepare and file tax returns
- On time tax filing
- Timely payments to tax authorities
- Effectively implement procedures to ensure business compliance
- Document tax filing obligations and prepare tax returns
- Ensure all tax returns are submitted and have the correct documentation
- Reconciliation of the general ledger tax files (monthly activity)
- Ensure accurate and on-time P&L and balance sheet reviews for direct and indirect taxation costs
To be successful with this application you should have:
- Previous experience in VAT and/or Corporate Income Tax gained in either Practice or Industry
- Experience in tax in a multinational environment
- Excellent ability to use MS office packages
Please get in touch for more info and the full job spec!
To apply for the Assistant Tax Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.