Assistant Quantity Surveyor
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + plus car allowance
about 2 months ago
About our client
Our client is a Charge Point Operator leading the way in the Electric Vehicle (EV) charging industry. The transition to EV is a key strategic priority for their business (and the world) and they are embarking on significant investment in the area, given its importance for the future of the motoring sector. They have a proven track record in the design and operation of world class EV charging facilities with over 650 EV Fast Charging bays in operation on their estate. They provide over 1,000,000 fast charging sessions to its customers per year in a rapidly growing transition to more sustainable transport fuels with a range of industry leading partners.
They are seeking a driven and ambitious Assistant Quantity Surveyor to join their dynamic and collaborative team. In this role, you will have the opportunity to be part of the UK's transition to building out the Electric Vehicle (EV) charging network. You will work closely with their Quantity Surveyor and the Construction/ Operational Team to deliver a full programme of sites and control the budgets for these sites.
As an Assistant Quantity Surveyor, you will be responsible for providing detailed cost control, managing subcontractor relationships, and budgetary estimating of future sites. You will also provide contractual and commercial guidance to the project teams. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on cutting-edge projects, to learn and grow in your career in a growing and exciting industry space.
They are flexible on location, with most of the working time to be carried out at home along with a mixture of office & site working. With their projects operating nationwide, the ability to travel to these will be essential (UK driving licence required).
* Prepare and analyse tender reports/procurement schedules
* Prepare and analyse tender documentation, including supporting documents and bills of quantities
* Manage subcontractor procurement, payments, and contract notices
* Conduct internal valuations and provide budget forecasting and reporting
* Administer construction contracts and provide commercial advice to the operational team
* Provide contractual and risk management support, guidance, and advice to the Project Delivery team to ensure compliance and contractor costs are robustly managed across the portfolio of projects.
* 2 - 4 years industry experience.
* Degree qualified in Quantity Surveying
* Working knowledge of construction contracts.
* High proficiency in all Microsoft Office software also essential (Excel, PPT).
Additional Key skills & Attributes
* Knowledge/experience working within the civil engineering & groundworks industry
* Passion for electric vehicles and sustainable energy systems.
* A dynamic individual who adapts well to change and can thrive in a rapidly growing organisation that continues to evolve.
* High level of competence and comfort working both in teams and in isolation.
* Excellent communication skills and ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders, including building officials, tenant coordinators, general contractors, subcontractors, architects, consultants, direct vendors, and internal staff.
* Ability to identify potential problems and resolve them before they affect the project negatively
* Reliable, can be counted on to complete the given task
* Comfortable working in high-pressure and dynamic work environments.
* Good organisational skills to work on multiple small projects at once.
* Skill in working accurately and analytically.
* Previous experience with Bluebeam measurement software (or similar) is desirable.
* Knowledge/experience working within the Utilities/ renewable industry preferred
* Understanding of the grid connection process, and experience working with DNOs, ICPs, and other relevant contractors, preferred.
Our client offer a flexible and dynamic work environment, opportunities for professional development, and a competitive salary package. If you are a motivated and proactive individual with a passion for quantity surveying in the EV industry, we encourage you to apply.