Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£25000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + plus benefits
12 months ago
You have the opportunity to join an award-winning national maintenance and construction contractor based in Stoke. As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will join an established team with the opportunity to progress.
The role of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor is to assist in obtaining and evaluating information to help ensure a realistic cost for the supply of works, goods, materials and services for a number of designated projects / contracts.
As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will liaise with the Contracts management team, Contractors, Suppliers and Clients to ensure information; costs, profitability and value meet the requirements of a designated project / contract.
Typically, the assistant, under the direction of the QS, or other designated supervisor, will be expected to assist with the following duties:
· Compile take offs for various work packages
· Assist in the preparation, processing and selection of estimates, bids and tenders
· Assist in the development of the procurement programme
· Assist in the preparation and monitoring of cash flow forecast for designated projects
· Assist in the preparation of monthly valuation reports
· Submit invoices for certified value and ensure payments are received on time
· Liaise with Contract Managers to establish the project specification and requirements
· Liaise with Contractors, Suppliers and the Client to establish project specification and requirements
· Attend and contribute to meetings with work colleagues and or Clients/Customers when necessary
· Monitor the contract progress, assess and report any changes that may affect project costs and or time scale
· Assist in the control of individual contract budgets
· Ensure all necessary contract documentation / reports are accurate and produced on time
Key skills and Qualifications
· Quantity Surveying degree (Optional) Experience Preferential
· Confident IT skills, proficient in the use of MS Office (Especially Excel)
· Experience of working within Retail a distinct advantage (Optional)
· Willingness and enthusiasm to learn and develop skills to becoming a fully experienced
· A good knowledge of Maths is essential
· Further development will be provided for the right candidate
There is a highly competitive base salary and benefits package on offer for the successful candidate along with the opportunity to progress.