Assistant Management Accountant - Temp to Perm
£32000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Temp to Perm
Position: Assistant Management Accountant
Job Type: Temporary to Permanent
Salary: £32,000 - £35,000 per year
Reports to: The job role will report to the Group Financial Controller and will work closely with all other members of the finance team.
Overall Summary: Contributing towards the production of accurate monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts, for the company.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
There will also be involvement in associated processes such as the annual audit and assisting in the support robust budgetary control and analysis of variances thereafter.
- Assisting with the completion of monthly accounts, including all associated journals to reconcile self-billing reserves, sales credit note accruals, GBP & EUR bank reconciliation to name a few
- Maintain all cashbook and bank related items, including bank payments, credit cards, foreign currency expenses and UK expenses
- Maintaining various balance sheets with monthly reconciliations, including inter-company accounts
- Working with Management Accountant to complete timely management accounts
- PAYE & Pension scheme account reconciliations
- Quarterly Group VAT returns, including making tax digital
- Providing support for the annual auditors
- Adhoc projects to support the Management Accountant
Key Requirements include:
- Ensuring that activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and duty of care.
- Ensuring that all objectives are in line with the Company's business plan and objectives.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet reporting deadlines
- Strong communication skills, analytical skills and organisational skills
- A good team player with the skills to manage, develop and implement new working practices and systems
- Ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Keen eye for detail and provide accurate information
- Works effectively by tackling immediate demands decisively, whilst retaining a broad awareness of emerging requirements
- Demonstrates a good sense of priorities, structures workload effectively and delivers consistently good results
- Advanced IT skills, particularly advanced Excel, Sage, Outlook, Word, and Access
If you have the relevant experience and you can start work ASAP, please apply.