£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + 25 days holiday + study support
3 months ago
Assistant Management Accountant (CIMA or ACCA studier) - Reading
We are working exclusively with our high profile, well-recognised and well-established client in Reading, in order to recruit for them a talented Assistant Management Accountant. Ideally you will be actively studying ACCA or CIMA, and have recent and relevant Management Accounts experience. This is a newly created role, so an exciting time to be joining and you will be very well supported by the Finance Director and the transactional finance team also.
Due to an impressive year of growth, this position has been created and you will take ownership and responsibility for a variety of tasks and projects. For the successful Assistant Management Accountant, your duties once you have been fully trained, will include:
- Active involvement with budgeting and re-forecasting process
- Assisting with month-end activities
- Undertaking the monthly Group Management Reporting and consolidation process (full training will be given in any areas not previously taken responsibility for)
- Monthly management reporting
- Provide financial statements for the various holding companies
- Working closely with the Finance Director for ad-hoc projects
- Work closely with the AP and AR teams to ensuring accuracy and integrity of ledgers
- Maintain relationships across finance and non-finance teams
- Responsible for Fixed Asset Register and month-end reports and regular analysis
The successful Assistant Management Accountant will ideally offer:
- The ability to work on their own initiative with support and training where needed
- Be exceptionally career-driven and ambitious
- Previous experience of working in a hands-on finance team, in a similar hands-on role, ideally covering some of the Management Accounting duties previously, but full training will be given where needed
- Actively studying ACCA/CIMA - potentially some exams already been taken
- Offer superb system and communication skills
- The ability to be pro-active, dedicated, efficient and comfortable working in a high-profile business
Our client will offer a superb benefits package, including a yearly bonus (5-10%), study support, health-care, and life assurance. This Assistant Management Accountant role will initially be interviewed and on-boarded at home, due to COVID restrictions and then will be located back in the office after restrictions have lifted. There may be then an opportunity to work from home and the office flexibly each week. Please contact me for a full job spec and for further details of this unique Management Accountant position where long-term career prospects will be highly attractive for you.
The client can offer very modern offices on the outskirts of Reading, with great facilities and free parking.