Solihull, West Midlands
Up to £25000 per annum + study support
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside an excellent business based in Solihull as they look to recruit a confident and commercial Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
This role is paying up to £25,000 plus study support, fantastic management and great opportunities for progression (this role can pay up to £35k as you develop before having even earned a promotion!). Additional benefits also include; discounted gym membership, discounts at many major retailers and a sociable office environment with regular team nights out as well as Christmas and Summer Parties.
Reporting into the Group Finance Manager you will be responsible for assisting in the production of monthly management accounts as well as providing ad hoc support to the wider finance team.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation and production of monthly management accounts and period end reporting.
- Preparation and posting of journals.
- Assist with the preparation and audit of all statutory accounts.
- Ensure the correct P&L, balance sheet and cash flow are correct accounting for accruals and prepayments.
- Producing accurate balance sheet reconciliations.
- Work with the FP&A team to carry out detailed cost analysis when required.
Skills and Experience
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience within an Assistant Accountant role or similar
- Experience of working within a demanding and fast paced finance environment
- Able to convey complex financial information in a simplified manner
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel