Coventry, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum + Study Support
18 days ago
Are you a part qualified accountant looking for autonomy in your role? Does taking ownership of your own accounts and partnering with stakeholders sound like your cup of tea?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are pleased to be exclusively supporting a national housebuilder looking to add a new Assistant Management Accountant into their Coventry based finance team following an acquisition and period of growth. The successful Assistant Management Accountant will work on a hybrid, permanent and full time basis for a salary of up to £35,000 plus study support and other benefits. This is an exciting opportunity to develop into a fully qualified management accountant and progress your career.
Under the tutelage of the Finance Manager, you will have the opportunity to get stuck into your own accounts and take full ownership. This is a fantastic chance to get your face seen and voice heard across the business with numerous internal and external stakeholders, with part of the role involving site visits to discuss project spends to support your forecast. Working as a key part of the regional finance team, you will be responsible for producing month end accounts and regular forecasting to better inform the financial performance across the business.
- Participate in annual budget and forecast processes, including liaising with operational managers to develop budgets
- Reporting on variance analysis and contract performance alongside management as part of the month end process
- Monitor budgets and forecasts against actuals, investigating and providing analysis and insight
- Develop strong communication lines with Finance Manager and keep them updated on accounts detail
- Aged debt and accrued income management
- Support the wider finance and operational team and act as a business partner to resolve issues, update forecasts and support in project management
- Produce and take ownership of accurate, timely and robust management accounts
- Ownership of budgets and forecasts within your region
- Regular and accurate billing to ensure conversion of accrued income
A Bit About You:
- Part Qualified (ACCA/CIMA) accountant, ideally some exams sat and not wholly exemptions based
- Outstanding communication skills, with the confidence to challenge stakeholders and develop relationships
- Focused on delivering objectives and deadline driven
- Strong IT skills including V Lookups and Pivot Tables in Excel
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude
If you are looking for huge opportunity for development and career progression, get in touch today for more detail.