Rotherham, South Yorkshire
£29000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
3 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment have partnered with a leading organisation who are looking to appoint an Assistant Management Accountant reporting directly into the Senior Management Accountant.to join their team in Rotherham. In this role you will be responsible for the production of daily, weekly and monthly finance reporting to a review level.
This is the perfect opportunity to take the next step in you career and progress in a worldwide organisation which could lead you to where you want to be.
To apply for this role you must be AAT Qualified and/or be studying your ACCA/CIMA Qualification. In this role you could receive a desirable salary of up to £35k depending on exam completion.
- Responsible for the production of the weekly costings for customer contracts across multiple sites
- Preparation of the Management Accounts for multiple cost centres to review level
- Investigating variances in the Management Accounts
- Reconciling and preparing monthly balance sheet accounts
- Complete annual budgets to review level
- Complete periodic re-forecasting to review level
- Support in the weekly reconciliations
- Ad-hoc reporting and project tasks as required from the Senior Management Accountant and the Senior Finance Team
The suitable candidate must:
- Be AAT qualified or qualified through university degree
- Have previous experience in a Finance role, to include P&L's, Budgeting/forecasting, balance sheet reconciliations, journals, accruals, prepayments, depreciation and income matching
- Display proven attention to detail and possess an analytical approach
- Strong Excel skills and comfortable using MSWord and PowerBI
- Ability to take on further responsibility and progress into a Management Accountant role
- Questioning and enquiring approach with a real desire to seek out new methods that will allow more efficient provision of accurate financial data
- Comfortable working individually and as part of a team, sharing knowledge and improvement ideas for the benefit of the Company and its staff
- Hard working and flexible, with a strong commitment to meeting deadlines
- Keen to get involved and a team player
- Good communicator at all levels in the business
- Experience of working in a similar industry is an advantage
Apply now if this sounds like your perfect opportunity!
To apply for the Assistant Management Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.