Birmingham, West Midlands
£20000.00 - £24000.00 per annum
over 1 year ago
Gleeson Recruitment are recruiting for an Assistant Management Accountant near Solihull. We're looking for an experienced hands-on Assistant Management Accountant to join a busy Finance team. Reporting to the team manager, the main responsibilities of the role will include Month end tasks, producing management accounts packs, posting journals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support month end tasks i.e. accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Assist with the production of management accounting pack
- Produce commentary and variance analysis
- Assisting with annual audits.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Handling queries and resolving in a set period of time
- Updating fixed assets
- Minimum AAT Qualified or CIMA/ACCA Part qualified
- Ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Strong/advanced Ms Excel skills are a must - VLOOKUP, Pivot table and if statements
- Confident with accounting principles and double entry book keeping.
- Ability to deliver both independently and as part of the team with minimum supervision.
- Good IT skills - ability to pick up new systems quickly and efficiently.
- Able to work towards deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
Must be a team player with the ability to support in other areas of the business where necessary. You will be an extremely well-organised individual, able to multitask and prioritise work load with positive, flexible attitude.