Assistant Management Accountant
Gleeson Recruitment are recruiting on an exclusive basis for an Assistant Management Accountant in North Birmingham. My client is looking for an experienced hands-on Assistant Management Accountant to join a busy Finance team within a growing business in North Birmingham. Reporting to the Management Accountant, the main responsibilities of the role will include bank reconciliations, journals, as well as assisting with the month end tasks as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support month end tasks i.e. accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Assist with the production of weekly and ad-hoc reporting/analysis.
- Credit Control - produce weekly aged debtors reports, cash allocations, chasing debtors and distribution of customer statements.
- Intrastat and EC Sales list.
- Assisting with annual audits.
- Balance Sheet reconciliation.
- Bank account reconciliations.
- Maintain Fixed Assets Register.
- Assist with the preparation of budgets/forecasts.
- Import/Export Customs Clearance.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
- Solid all round accounts experience.
- Minimum AAT Qualified or equivalent.
- Good knowledge and experience of SAGE Line 50 is essential.
- Strong/advanced Ms Excel skills are a must - VLOOKUP, HLOOKUP, Pivot table and if statements minimum.
- Confident with accounting principles and double entry book keeping.
- Ability to deliver both independently and as part of the team with minimum supervision.
- Good IT skills - ability to pick up new systems quickly and efficiently.
- Able to manage heavy workload & strict deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
Must be a team player with the ability to support in other areas of the business where necessary. You will be an extremely well-organised individual, able to multitask and prioritise work load with positive, flexible attitude.