Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working alongside a business based in Birmingham City Centre as they look to recruit an ambitious Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
This business is one of our best clients and having placed numerous people there in the past, the feedback from every individual has been excellent. Study support can be an option for the right person and the office environment is brilliant and very sociable. The Senior Management Team are really supportive and there is a clear progression structure through to Finance Business Partner.
You will be responsible for assisting in the production of management accounts as well as assisting the Senior Management Accountants in providing support to their regions.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Assist in the timely and accurate preparation and production of monthly management accounts and weekly performance reports.
- Assisting with the production of management reports and analysis to.
- Assist with budget and forecast processes and preparation.
- Investigation and analysis of the management accounts and business performance, identifying and explaining any variances.
- Processing journals and undertaking balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assisting with transactional finance when required.
Skills and Experience
- AAT qualified or studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Strong IT skills including Excel
- Drive, ambition and a desire to learn
- Experience of working within a demanding and fast paced finance environment