Birmingham, West Midlands
£25000 - £30000 per annum + Study, 25 days holiday, flexible working
8 days ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently working exclusively alongside a leading Entertainment Business (turnover £100m+) as they look to recruit an ambitious, commercially minded Assistant Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
This role is paying up to £30,000 plus study support, 25 days annual leave, flexible working and a fantastic open plan office in a lovely Central Birmingham location. They take employee health, well-being and enjoyment seriously - yoga Wednesdays, lunchtime football tournaments and postural experts ensuring everybody's work station is set up correctly are just some of the things they've done previously.
You will be reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance (who is brilliant!) and will be given full support and training throughout your development within the role.
Principle Accountabilities are as follows:
- Assist in the preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Provide analysis to the Head of Finance.
- Assist with budget and forecast processes and preparation.
- Provide financial support to marketing, sales and procurement.
- Investigation and analysis of the management accounts explaining any variances.
- Processing journals and undertaking balance sheet reconciliations.
Skills and Experience
- Studying towards ACCA/CIMA
- Previous experience within a Finance Graduate, Assistant Accountant role or similar
- Experience of working within a demanding and fast paced finance environment
- Able to convey complex financial information in a simplified manner
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office in particular Excel