City of London, London
£35000.00 - £40000 per annum
4 months ago
This is an opportunity to work for a global 100 Law Firm where you will play a fundamental role in supporting the practice group and colleagues within the Revenue Team to provide a first rate revenue control service.
This position will report to the Group Revenue Controller and will work along side the wider working capital management teams you will assist with the efficient management of a practice group's working capital cycle, with particular focus upon turning WIP into Invoices as quickly as possible.
The role involves developing a close working relationship with the Group Revenue Controller and the Revenue Manager, designated partners/lawyers/PAs and the wider working capital management teams.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Assist the Group Revenue Controller (GRC) with proactively managing unbilled WIP on matters with a WIP balance of £15,000 and under, to help to identify matters which have not been billed which should be billed, or WIP which should be written off.
- Take responsibility for ensuring write offs / transfers / matter changes that are identified in WIP meetings by the GRC are dealt with and actioned either by doing so themselves or ensuring necessary actions are completed by the Billing Team
- Proactively report to the GRC on dormant matters which hold a WIP balance to ensure these matters are considered for billing at the earliest opportunity.
- Manage aged unbilled disbursements and investigate why they have not been billed. Liaising with lawyers to ensure they are billed or written off as appropriate.
- Be the reference point for Aderant billing and Carpe Diem enquiries within the group providing support for partners, lawyers and PAs.
- Preparation of client reports as and when required, such as providing lists of billings at Partner level, or at client level and on an ad-hoc basis.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate an extensive understanding of the full revenue cycle and how it drives the profitability of a law firm
- Experience in the preparation of complex billing and other matter related finance information.
- Working knowledge of SAR's and VAT compliance
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), at all levels.
- Proactive involvement in WIP management and an understanding of the need for good working capital Management.
- Conscientious, methodical and excellent attention to detail
- High level knowledge of systems/ IT literacy including knowledge of Aderant and Carpe Diem (or other similar practice management and time recording system) as well as excellent Word and Excel skills.
- Sound time management skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- High standards of detail, professionalism and in particular, confidentiality.