£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a UK wide service head quarters, situated on the outskirts of Burton on Trent, with their need to recruit an Assistant Group Accountant on a permanent basis. Reporting directly into the Group Accountant and Group Financial Controller, you will be involved in providing accounting services to 2 group companies, including management accounts, financial statements, banking, VAT returns and any other accounting requirements.
As the Assistant Group Accountant, you can expect renumeration between £28,000 - £30,000 per annum, depending on experience.
This fantastic organisation is supporting SMART working, with an expectation to be in the office to meet the demands of the business, as well as working from home.
Benefits: Free parking, SMART working, 25 days holiday + bank holiday up to 6% matched pension contribution, early finish on a Friday, personal and professional development, an excellent team, and great working culture
Assistant Group Accountant duties:
- Preparation of month end management accountants
- Preparation of consolidated group management accounts packs
- Preparation of additional packs for head office
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Reviewing current group finance systems, and implementing new systems as required
- Provide analytical support to the board of directors
- Assist with group budgeting and forecasting
Person specification - Assistant Group Accountant:
- ACCA/ CIMA - part qualified - desired not essential
- Sound technical accounting knowledge
- Inquisitive nature, proactive and efficient
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Sage 200 knowledge
- Hyperion/ HFM - desired
To apply for the Assistant Group Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.