Up to £28000.00 per annum
4 months ago
A permanent Assistant Financial Accountant job paying £25-30k for a business based in Evesham.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £25,000-£28,000 per annum (plus study support)
Hours: Mon-Fri (full-time) - flexible working arrangements with an opportunity to WFH
Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Assistant Accountant to join a leading Services business in Cannock on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting into the Financial Accountant and working as part of a friendly and close-knit finance team, you will support in the financial reporting and controls of the busines.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Assist with the preparation of statutory accounts
- Participate in annual audits and liaise with auditors
- Manage company VAT and Intrastat returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in the month-end process including the processing of accruals and prepayments
- Intercompany invoicing and reconciliation work
- Cost centre management
- Provide payroll support to the Financial Accountant
- Cover for Accounts Payable and Credit Control when required
- Support with budget preparation
- Continually review and improve financial controls and processes
What you'll need to succeed
- Part-qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- A minimum of 2/3 years' relevant experience in an accounts environment
- Ideally come from a Financial Accounting background with exposure to Fixed Assets
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong Excel skills - Pivot Tables, VLookUps, Formulas etc.