£20 - £50000 per annum
about 1 month ago
The organisation is a national organisation and a leader within it's industry.
The successful Assistant Financial Controller will be working for an employer who is looking fora commercially minded Assistant Financial Controller to report directly into the Financial Controller. The role will have 3 direct reports and is looking for someone who is looking to help drive change.
The Assistant Financial Controller will be responsible for:
- To assist in the production of the monthly Management Accounts
- Reconcile sales and gross margin results to daily run rates
- To oversee the publication of the Management Pack for Senior Management
- To review the pack results
- To translate results into the organisations format
- To produce a daily cash report and monitor against budget/forecast
- To manage the implementation of a computer system ensuring all aspects of finance are working effectively and required information is available
Cost and Budgetary Control
- To monitor business costs against forecast, budget, history
Production of annual budget
- To assist with review by cost centre detailed P&L accounts
- To produce associated statistical reports
- To translate figures into the business format
Reconcile balance sheet
- To review and understand reconciliation of each account and assist in their completion when required
- To provide support and advice to Branch Managers on all matters of day to day accounting
- To manage Purchase Ledger team
- Ensure VAT returns are done accurately and on time
- Maintain integrity of VAT accounts
- Maintain fixed asset registers, reconcile to the general ledger
- To provide any information required by external auditors
- Professional Accounting qualifications
- Previous experience in a similar role
The following benefits package is available to the successful Assistant Financial Controller a bonus and study support if an applicant is still looking to complete there ACCA or ACA studies.
To apply for the Assistant Financial Controller position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.