Assistant Financial Controller
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
10 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a recently acquired and growing company in their search for an Assistant Financial Controller. The business is now in a high growth phase and the finance team is looking to grow. You'll be working within an SME manufacturing business, which is owned by a larger, corporate parent, meaning you'll get the best of both worlds - an SME family feel, with the backing and opportunity of a large corporate.
The purpose of the role is to manage, report and reconcile all financial balance sheet accounts, ensuring the correct documentation is kept to assist with both Management and Statutory Accounts ensuring a robust control environment.
This is a varied and challenging role in a fast-paced environment. The role holder will need to be adaptable, proactive and challenge company data down to a transactional level.
Duties will include:
- Review and Reconcile receipts from customers and payments to clients
- Weekly and Monthly P&L reporting
- Reconcile the full balance sheet and provide full detailed analysis
- Provide support to the site Finance Business Partner
- Support the Finance Business Partner & Commercial / Management Accountant in identifying and driving continuous improvements around processes and controls
- Provide a monthly site finance pack for review with site and group management team.
- Review overhead spend with Managers on a regular basis with a view to controlling costs and facilitating better forecasts and budgets
- Compile the site balance sheet for budgets and quarterly forecasting and report against budget /forecasts
- Provide cover / review the Weekly & Monthly P&L actuals and forecasts.
- Review of working capital
- To continuously develop/implement relevant business measures to meet the needs of the site.
- Cash Flow modelling - Understanding and driving working capital improvements.
- Support the tax team with submission of tax packs and VAT
The ideal candidate will be local to the site, based in Uttoxeter and will meet the following criteria:
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA, CIMA or similar
- FMCG/Manufacturing experience advantageous
- Advanced Microsoft skills including Excel
- Working knowledge of IFRS
- Works well in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of SAP
As well as working with a fantastic FD who is looking to drive growth and change, the package includes:
- ca. £45000 base salary
- 5% matched pension scheme
- 33 days holiday (inclusive of PH)
- 8 weeks sick pay after 3 month probationary period
- Free on site parking
If you think you'd be a good fit for this role and you're keen to find out more, get in touch with Dave at Gleeson today.