£28000.00 - £32000.00 per annum + + study support + bens
4 months ago
Assistant Financial Accountant (CIMA or ACCA studier) - Maidenhead
We are delighted to be supporting our high profile, well-recognised and well-established client in Maidenhead, in order to recruit for them a talented Assistant Financial Accountant. Ideally you will be actively studying ACCA or CIMA, and have recent and relevant Financial Accounts experience. This is a newly created role, so an exciting time to be joining and you will be very well supported by the Financial Accounting team, as well as the Financial Controller, and the wider transactional finance team also. You may well currently be an Assistant Accountant, and ready for your next move, or currently working in a smaller finance team, and keen to work for a larger corporate business, with long-term career progression. It is essential that you are actively studying and already have some recent experience.
Due to an impressive year of growth, this position has been created and you will take ownership and responsibility for a variety of tasks and projects. For the successful Assistant Financial Accountant, your duties once you have been fully trained, will include:
- Active involvement with month-end reporting
- Assisting with month-end activities
- Daily balance sheet reconciliations and bank reconciliations (multi-currency)
- Work closely with the AP and AR teams to ensuring accuracy and integrity of ledgers
- Assisting with accruals and pre-payments
- Maintain relationships across finance and non-finance teams
- Responsible for Fixed Asset Register and month-end reports and regular analysis
- Assisting with year-end audits and any ad-hoc project work
- Daily use of Excel (pivot tables and v-looks ups are preferable)
The successful Assistant Financial Accountant will ideally offer:
- The ability to work on their own initiative with support and training where needed
- Be exceptionally career-driven and ambitious
- Previous experience of working in a hands-on finance team, in a similar hands-on role, ideally covering some of the Financial Accounting duties previously, and training will be given where needed
- Actively studying ACCA/CIMA - potentially some exams already been taken, or about to resume your studies
- Offer superb system and communication skills
- The ability to be pro-active, dedicated, efficient and comfortable working in a high-profile business
Our client will offer a superb benefits package, including study support, health-care, and life assurance. This Assistant Financial Accountant role will initially be interviewed and on-boarded at home, due to COVID restrictions and then will be located back in the office after restrictions have lifted, potentially 2 or 3 times per week. There may be then an opportunity to work from home and the office flexibly each week. Please contact me for a full job spec and for further details of this unique Assistant Financial Accountant position where long-term career prospects will be highly attractive for you.
The client can offer very modern offices on the outskirts of Maidenhead, with great facilities and free parking and in close walking distance from all public transport routes.