Gleeson Recruitment Group are currently recruiting for an Assistant Financial Accountant for a manufacturing business based in Warwick. They require an ambitious Accountant to join them on a permanent basis who will work closely with the FC whilst getting involved in Financial Accounting, VAT and monthly reporting.
The salary on offer for this role is £25,000 - £28,000 depending on experience with an excellent benefits package and study support. It could also be possible to get experience within the commercial finance team as your career progresses.
As Financial Accountant you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of the fixed asset register
- Reporting on Capex spend to senior stakeholders
- Review of monthly journals
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Involvement in year-end audit process, including preparation of statutory financial statements
- Monthly Intrastat reporting
As Financial Accountant you will ideally have:
- Strong academic background, including studying towards a professional accounting qualification
- Experienced working within an accounting environment
- Experience within a multi site business would be beneficial
- Strong IT skills including Excel (SAP would be advantageous)
- Knowledge of accounting processes, procedures and controls