Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have the pleasure of working with a US based multinational company based in Wolverhampton, who are actively looking for an Assistant Finance Manager within their Statutory and Compliance team on a permanent basis, with a starting salary of £30,000 -£45,000 PA depending on experience.
The successful Assistant Finance Manager will work alongside the Compliance team to ensure audit and tax deadlines are met, and alongside HR in compensation-related initiatives.
This role provides a brilliant opportunity for a motivated Assistant Finance Manager with accounts prep experience, or an expert Practice-based Accountant looking for the next step in their career within a global business.
Hybrid working is on offer - with 2- 3 days working remote.
Statutory and Compliance Accountant key responsibilities:
- Ensure accounting and reports are accurate and kept up to date
- Reduce manual journals
- Accurately and efficiently complete monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- PBC Responses
- Confidently take ownership of all European accounting transactions and complete financial reporting using the data
- Collaborate effectively with the wider finance team across multiple functions
- Enforcement of Group accounting policies and local GAAP
- Ensure a robust network of NCH HR & Payroll contacts is built to allow issues to be resolved in a timely manner
- Adhere to the company's European health and safety standards, along with the Corporate Philosophy Skills Knowledge & Expertise
Experience Required for the role:
- 4-7 years financial accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounts
- US GAAP
- Experience within multinational operations would be preferred but not essential
- Proficient in Excel, Oracle & SAP
- Knowledge of European languages (both written and verbal) would be a bonus, however this is not essential
- CIMA/ACCA - at least part way through their pre
- Strong attention to detail - you must be able to identify defects and accounting issues within the process. Experience in driving process improvements would be beneficial
- A Team player with good coaching skills who can drive a team to success
- Flexible Working
- Pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (+ Bank holidays)
- Sick Pay
- Flexible benefits such as discount vouchers
- Life assurance
- Casual dress on Fridays
To apply for the Assistant Finance Manager within the Statutory and Compliance team, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.