£45000.00 - £47000.00 per annum + Benefits
12 months ago
Assistant Finance Manager - Bristol Area
An exciting opportunity has arisen in this fast paced UK market leading organisation in their industry sector based near Bristol. This is a high profile role interacting with key stakeholders across the business and business partnering with the different regions.
- You will assist the Area Finance Manager in the consolidation and management of financial information and reporting as part of the management planning and reporting cycle.
- Assist the Area Finance Manager in providing accurate, timely and compliant accounting information and assist in the production of accounts.
- To provide business performance insight and challenge to the area team to help set and deliver budget, pipeline, health and safety and P&L and balance sheet targets.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To partner and support the are finance manager in the production of monthly MI within agreed timescales.
- To support in the measurement and understanding of KPI's to support the area commercial logistics and operational strategy.
- To assist in the provision of insightful reporting for the area team to help interpret business performance data, taking measures as appropriate to ensure expected results are delivered.
- To assist in the preparation and production of budgets and forecasts - including the production and maintenance of any supporting models.
- To support the local execution of excellence programmes e.g. asset optimisation and continuous improvement programmes and the sharing of best practice across the area and nationally
- Ensure compliance to group policies, processes, procedures and tools to ensure effectiveness, efficiency and compliance with SOX requirements
- To carry out any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the Area Finance Manager / Regional Head of Finance
- Qualified Accountant with post qualification experience, part qualified or qualified by experience.
- A proven track record of financial delivery, with significant operational and commercial experience in large multi-site, construction or manufacturing businesses would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable understanding of complex organisations, key business issues and financial statements, controls and processes.
Skills / Knowledge:
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop relationships and networks
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience of SAP is essential
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Strong commercial acumen.
- Good financial accounting background, with relevant technical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to identify and drive process change and improvement
You will enjoy working in a fast paced working environment which also offers excellent career development opportunities.