£27000.00 - £28000.00 per annum
2 months ago
A fantastic position has arisen within a logistics firm based on the outskirts of Derby, to welcome a talented Assistant Finance Manager on a permanent basis. This role is reporting directly into the site Finance Manager with full ownership of business ledger, weekly and monthly reporting, including commentary and explanation of variances against business budget. Depending on experience you can expect a salary of £27,000 - £28,000 per annum.
This role would best suit someone with some month end exposure, AAT qualified, with intermediate Excel skills. This is a developmental role where core duties can be developed over time. Fully study support will be provided!
Applications will be shortlisted W/C 21st March.
Assistant Finance Manager Core Responsibilities:
- Manage the timely production of monthly management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations
- Oversee small transactional team including Payroll and Purchase Ledger
- Full ownership of business ledgers including joint venture entities liaising with strategic partners
- Control Cost Centre Management
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register
- Assist with the year end statutory audit
- Ad hoc operational financial analysis
- Assist with the implementation of a new ERP system
- Manage supplier on boarding process
- VAT returns
- Ensure appropriate controls are in place and functioning effectively
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to build relationships across all divisions with key stakeholders
- Ability to work under pressure
Experience required to excel:
- Previous Management/ statutory accounts preparation
- Technical strong accounting knowledge
- Familiar with both management/ financial accounting
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel
To apply for the Assistant Finance Manager position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.