£11 - £13 per hour + bens
14 days ago
Our client, a global, business services client who operate their EMEA Shared Service Centre based in Bracknell are seeking an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their finance team, initially on a 4-6 month fixed term contract basis.
Your role will be varied and challenging, and you will be working with a very close-knit finance team, where you will have full responsibility for raising intercompany invoices, as well as assisting with month-end close and checking and posting of AP invoices.
Your key responsibilities as an Assistant Accountant will be as follows:
- The regular processing of intercompany accounts receivable invoice to intercompany accounts payable invoice between LR entities in the SAP system
- Act as point of contact for queries regarding intercompany transactions and manage any queries through to resolution
- Seek to continually improve the processes and tools used in processing intercompany transactions to optimise how they are managed
- Continue to develop the detailed processes for running the intercompany processes including documenting them within the Group standard
- Identify and escalate any issues beyond scope of control to process manager and/or the Finance Manager
- Assisting the creation and delivery of training materials and communications
- Ad-hoc duties within the wider finance team
- Be responsible for the creation of intercompany AR invoices, including checking and correcting pricing and VAT coding
- Be responsible for checking, updating and posting intercompany AP invoices, including correcting VAT codes
- Assist with monthly and annual closings
- Develop good working relationships with finance and non-finance colleagues
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles, SSC standards and SLA's at all times
- Recognise and communicate potential issues/risks
- Assist with internal and external audit
- Ensure adhere to strict matrix approval procedure
- Provide analytical review and data analysis
- Assist with new processes, procedures and operational improvements
You profile is likely to include:
* Strong understanding of Record to Report practices
* Relevant general accounting/intercompany accounting experience
* Experience of working in a Shard Service Centre environment (or similar multi-site business)
* SAP/Oracle experience
* Excellency in accuracy of data entry and manipulation skills
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office packages (excel, access, word etc)
* Able to demonstrate excellence in customer service
* Able to communicate clearly and concisely
This Assistant Accountant position is likely to be hired for 4-6 months with a high likelihood of extension for the successful candidate. You will also be able to commit to the length of this role and display a positive attitude, be committed, keen and a strong team player.
My client will offer superb training, on-boarding and on the job training for this individual. They also offer free parking, very modern offices and are within easy reach of all public transport routes.