£24000 - £29000 per annum + bens
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be chosen to support this client with the hiring of an Assistant Accountant, within the General Ledger team, for our multi-site, award-winning client based in Slough.
This is an exciting time to be joining our client, due to continuous growth and new customers coming on board for their business, across their UK network of offices. This is a newly created role, working very closely with the experienced, close-knit General Ledger team of 4. The company boasts a superb work-life balance for all employees, as well as offering free parking, on-site gym, on-site canteen, and superb team building events every quarter. Employees are very well looked after and the training is also superb for all.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will probably have worked within a similar varied accounting role, and looking for your next step in your finance career. This role would suit those who have worked within a multi-site, fast paced business, where no two days are the same!
Reporting to the General Ledger Team Leader, your duties will include:
- Accurately accounting for the general ledger entries throughout the sales ledger for this business, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Completing daily and weekly reconciliations
- Responsibility for reconciliing and controlling entries posted to the Sales Ledger accounts
- Working closely with the Accounts Receivable and Credit Control teams
- Identifying any areas where controls need o tbe reviewed
- Provide feedback to senior management on any errors and any areas that need process improvement
- Maintain and process petty cash claims
- Process and keep track of intercompany balance transfers
- Analyse and report Sales Leger adjustments
- Work closely with the wider network of finance and non-finance teams
- Provide weekly reporting to management
The successful Assistant Accountant will be:
- Engaging, personable and friendly
- Able to multi-task and have a good eye for detail
- Be willing to go the extra mile
- A problem solver
- Able to offer excellent written communication skills and ne IT literate
This is a superb Assistant Accountant role that would suit individuals looking for their next career move. Please do get in touch for further details. My client is based in Slough and has very modern offices, free parking, on-site gym, flexible hours and a superb bonus scheme. Please do get in touch for further details.