£20000 - £28000.00 per annum
25 days ago
Are you a junior Accounts or Finance Assistant looking for a new opportunity? Does working in a modern, inclusive office environment sound like somewhere you would thrive?
I am pleased to be exclusively partnered with a growing, PE backed business based in Lichfield, looking to add a new full time, permanent Assistant Management Accountant to their Management Accounts team due to growth within the business. The successful Assistant Accountant may have 6 months to a year's finance experience with some month end exposure, possess a bubbly personality and a willingness to learn! You will be based in the lovely office only 1-2 days per week, with a number of days and hours you can use per annum for flexibility and a salary circa £20,000 - £28,000 per annum + study support.
The business is seeking ambitious and outgoing individuals looking to develop their knowledge of Management Accounts. You will have opportunities for growth and progression within the role and your finance journey will be fully supported.
Suited for an AAT studied or have recently commenced ACA/ACCA/CIMA - a full understanding of double entry bookkeeping will elevate your application.
- Assist in all aspects of the production of the monthly management accounts i.e. accruals, prepayments, journals, variance analysis etc
- Manage capital expenditure to ensure the reflect accurate position of the company's assets
- Reconciliation of balance sheet control account on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of Barclaycard returns
- Effectively handle all queries from key budget holders, and proactively help them to manage costs in their areas of the business
- Assist in the preparation of the quarterly VAT returns.
A bit about you:
- Have the desire to grow and progress in a more varied accounting position
- Enthusiastic and positive with an eagerness to help
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to adapt to a fast paced and ever-changing environment
- Experience working with journals and reconciling accounts
If you are looking for your next step in accounting, apply today!
To apply for the Assistant Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however, please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.