£30000.00 - £40000.00 per annum
25 days ago
Are you an experienced Assistant Accountant looking to expand your knowledge in an established and growing company? Do you have a 'can do' attitude and are able to offer confident support to your team? Are you meticulous and methodical?
We are delighted to be working with an established and expanding SME business based in Rugby. This company are experts in their field and pride themselves on creating bespoke packages for their new and existing clients. Through natural growth, acquisitions and an internal promotion they are now looking for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join their small but perfectly formed finance team.
- Assisting with balance sheet reconciliations.
- Accruals and prepayments.
- Assisting with budgeting and forecasting.
- Completing VAT returns and assisting with other HMRC submissions.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register.
- Processing of bank statement transactions.
- Processing the monthly supplier payment run..
- Reviewing, coding and posting of purchase invoices.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Collating payroll information for submission to external payroll agency.
- Assisting with month end procedures.
Is this role right for you?
You will need to have strong experience working as an Assistant Accountant or other similar finance role. You must be a team player who can support the wider team and be able to organise your own desk. You should be methodical and meticulous with an eye for detail and accuracy. You will need to have great communication skills and be confident to liaise across the wider business. You should have strong Excel skills and be able to create complex spreadsheets. The ideal candidate will be studying toward completion of a professional financial qualification or qualified by experience.
- Annual salary up to £40,000 DOE.
- Flexible hours and an early Friday finish.
- Study support.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holiday.
- Free Parking.
If this sounds like you, submit your CV.